Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting Dirty

For those of you that don't know, I hate to be dirty, especially my hands. I have never been a good outdoors woman because of that. This last week I have been so proud of myself because I have gotten my hands dirty!!

First, I began by wanting to get some fresh herbs. So I got some plants, potting soil and everything. I dug my hands into the dirt and covered them with soil. I was so excited I had fresh herbs that I planted. Kenney was less than impressed! He said that did not count as getting my hands dirty. I totally thought it counted.

So I decided to really get my hands dirty. I skinned an entire chicken WITHOUT gloves!! I know that is a huge shock to most of you who know that I avoid touching raw meat at all costs. I almost took a picture of it, but decided it looked pretty nasty and did not want that on my blog. I know these things might not seem like a lot to most people, but to me, I have accomplished so much! Kenney agreed that the chicken counted.

My Herbs: Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, & Basil

Our House Plant

Kyler, of course, is a true boy and does not mind being dirty, at all. He acts as though he is being horrifically tortured if I try and clean his face in any way. He seriously screams bloody murder.

He was actually blowing snot bubbles. I didn't get one, but the snotty face and the bib fit perfect!

1 comment:

  1. The plants totally count for getting your hands dirty! And I looked up your house plant just to make sure I was right. It really is a schefflera! I'm glad I still remember something from all that school!

    ReplyDelete