Wednesday, August 18, 2021

First Day of School

Some days throughout the summer, I wasn't sure if this day would come. However, we made it to the first day of school. All 4 older kids in school all day!! It's really quiet at home during the day. Mackenzie wasn't too sure the first couple days, but she learned that she controlled everything once all the others were gone so she didn't mind it quite so much! Bentley likes kindergarten so much more than she did pre-k, which is great. Junior high was scary for me, mostly because I don't know how things work in the Junior High here. I dropped Kyler off the first day kinda blind. They didn't tell the kids anything. I had to ask the office right before school started what time the school day began and when they were dismissed. How was I supposed to know when they don't tell the kids anything?!? Kyler caught on quick and has been doing great. Damon loves being the oldest group of kids, and Radley handles 3rd grade like a champ.
Mackenzie had to grab her water and backpack just like the other kids.  She wasn't going to be left out.
I surprised the kids after school and bombarded them with water balloons.  I'm pretty sure they didn't expect that.
I really thought they would think this would be fun and enjoyable for them.  I was wrong; they almost got mad at me!!  Oh well, I'll never be the fun mom.
We also celebrated this guy's birthday.  Drake and Mackenzie have quite the love/hate relationship.


I was able to make a cake for him.  It was pretty fun.

 


For some reason most of the balloons deflated and weren't usable by the time we made it over with the kids, but I still had a lot of fun!



Mackenzie sure made herself at home in Bentley's classroom when we went to Meet the Teacher.  I bet she'll be ready once it's her turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment