Saturday, November 6, 2021

Veteran's Day & Potty Training

Potty training is one of my worst nightmares, which is why I kinda kept putting it off. I finally quit buying diapers and forced myself to begin the process. Let's just say that I had every right to fear the coming days and weeks, which have now turned into months...
Mackenzie did great with the pee, for the most part, only a few accidents here and there.  Pooping has been horrible.  I'm not sure I want to remember all of the things she has done (pooping on both the kitchen and living room floors, not using the toilet for poop for over a month straight, etc.) but, this is a big but, she has never wet the bed!!  I'm still in shock about that one!!  So I guess there have been some victories, and we are saving over $30/month by not buying diapers, but I will always have sympathy for anyone having to potty train!!
 
These 3 showed their appreciation for our Vets!  Love that we have a school that encourages these kids to be patriotic.
Bentley with some kids from school.
This view kills me!!  She wouldn't let anyone help her with that wedgie!  She would scream if you touched it
The first time in 11+ years that we will not have diapers in our house.  There was a short break before Mackenzie was born, but Bentley was so hard to potty train I don't consider it a break at all!!

 

There was a lot of book reading by everyone that first week too!  Bentley even helped!

There was also a lot of running around in just panties, right after we finally got her to wear clothes!!


I never got a great video, but watching Mackenzie pull up her panties was hilarious!!  She would just around trying to get them over her butt!!  Often times there would be screaming too.



I didn't get much done the first week especially because she needed to be watched at all times.  This day we were playing games.  She was pretty entertaining to play a game with because we just played how she thought everyone else played.  Here she is reading a chance card in monopoly.  I read one before this and it said something about getting money because it was my birthday.  I think that's where she got her idea from, but honestly with her, there's no telling.



This was the best!!!  And so much Mackenzie's personality that knows no bounds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment