Friday, August 24, 2012

Damon Turns 1

I didn't quite figure out that we would be in Childress for Damon's birthday until we had already left.  So we did some quick planning and came up with a little party.  My party planning skills need some major work, but at least we celebrated, right?  Sunday was such a crazy day that nothing went as planned, and we were flying by the seats of our pants.  I am such a bad mom that I didn't even make a cake for him this year.  Luckily Aunt Savanna threw one together for us so we at least had a cake.  We didn't quite make it to the frosting, but we did have ice cream.  Who cares about cake when you have ice cream?  So during the commercials of the Olympic closing ceremonies we had a 'party.'

He really wasn't sure about the whole candle thing.

I apologize for the dirty shirt too.  We were running out of clean clothes, and he had a little too much fun with the Kool-aid at Nanny's house earlier.




We definitely need to practice the whole blowing out candles thing before next year.  This was even round 2.  
I promise he had seen a present before, but the whole experience seem absolutely foreign to him!

He sorta got the idea of the wrapping paper, but lucky for us there were plenty of cousins to help!

The only thing I did right the whole night was get him this big orange ball.  I think he liked it!

This is what Kyler was doing while Damon was opening presents.  Little sneak.

Another new experience... ICE CREAM

He pushed the cake aside to make more room for ice cream.  I don't think he took more than one bite of cake.  He knows better than waste any room on cake.  Ice cream is the way to go!

And it was late, so we had a few melt downs too!

I think he had 3 helpings it was so good!




We all scream for ice cream!!

I have to admit that this year has gone by fast and slow at the same time.  I never thought we would make it to 4 months let alone 1 year with our family intact!  Damon threw us all for a loop, but we love him dearly.  He is a crazy little boy that adores his big brother, loves to see his daddy walk in the door, and occasionally lays his head on his mom's shoulder.  He has the biggest and most contagious smile, and he loves to scream!  He can whistle almost better than me and is FINALLY sleeping through the night (most of the time).  Our lives have been forever changed because of this little boy, and honestly, we wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment