Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hanging Out at Home

We are not the most exciting family in the world, but somehow the boys find things to do around our tiny apartment.  They keep us entertained by the funny things they do and say.  It has been so nice to have Kyler wanting to play with Damon.  He will say, "Damon, let's go play in my room."  This is a new thing that is amazing.  Both the boys playing and having fun (most of the time), and they always make a HUGE mess.  I cherish this time even if it only lasts about 10 mins.  However, the last few days Kyler has been using that time to go poop in his pants.  I am trying to weigh the odds of two boys playing vs. cleaning dirty underwear!  These are just a few of the things I find the boys doing.

Damon climbed into the toy organizer.  I think the square he climbed into was at least two or three off the ground.

Basketball is almost always involved

It is hard to find a happy-medium goal height.  Damon needs it a little lower, and Kyler obviously needs it higher.



Kyler loves movies, but Damon is still not really interested.  Damon will lay down and get covered with a blanket to at least appear as if he is watching.



This is one of Kyler's first attempts as riding his new scooter he got for his birthday.  Kenney showed him how to use the break, and he sometimes gets too focused on using the break rather than watching where he was going.  He caught on really quickly and successfully used the break by the third time he tried.   

Damon no longer stays in his bed :( I am not too happy about this new adventure in our lives. First, it scares me that he can and does climb out. Second, there is nothing to keep him in his bed. We have lowered the rail so it's not quite such a big drop, but it is amazing that he can do this.


Some funny things Kyler has said lately:

"Dang it" 
(Yes that came from me, so now I have to be really careful with what I say)  The sad part is that he uses it correctly.

"Mommy, it's dirty.  Clean it up."
I had not had a chance to clean off the counters after making lunch because our water was turned off, so there were crumbs all over.  He climbed up on the counter and told me to clean it up!

"Ever"
He says this word with a lot of passion.  We are not quite sure what it means, but when he is angry or serious it is his final statement.

"My legs hurt. I too little."
He says this every time I ask him to cleanup or he needs something.  If he wants a drink, and I tell him to go get his cup, he will tell me he is too little or his legs hurt.

"ARRRGHH"
He does this to mimic me also.  Usually when I find a big mess I have to clean, I will say this.  So now Kyler does too.  He always does it after I do, but he also does it while he is playing or doing other things when he gets upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment