Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shandi's Wedding

Radley had a lot of firsts this past weekend.  He went on an airplane, met lots of new family and friends, went to a wedding, saw the nations Capital, you know everyday things for a 2 month old baby!  Kenney never went on an airplane until he was 19, and all of our boys have been on one before the age of 1!!  Crazy.

Radley and I flew to Washington D.C. for my sister's wedding.  It was a LONG weekend.  I added it up and from Thursday-Sunday I got a total of 13hrs. of sleep!!  It was fun to make it for the big day and to see so many good friends and family members that live so far away, but we were busy, busy, busy!!  My mom was Superwoman; she had so much to do and somehow was able to get it done.  She had to do some major alterations to the wedding dress with very little time, and she made it look gorgeous.  We were making final finishing touches 15mins before we had to make it to the temple, but it was done.  I was so busy during the wedding that I never had a chance to take pictures. (thankfully I know the photographer pretty well, so he was able to send me some pics :)  Between all the diffenert activities and feeding a baby, I never stopped!  Although I was happy to be there for the wedding, I have to say the best part was flying there and back.  I was so worried it would be awful with a congested newborn, I loved being able to cuddle him and spend some one-on-one time with just Radley.  He was such and angel the entire trip.  Plus he helped to keep us all a little happier.  None of us could help but smile when we looked at him!

The 5 Girls

The happy & beautiful couple

All of my siblings (minus one sister on a mission)  I was glad Taylor was there to help make me look a little more normal in the height department!  He is 6'11"

The one picture I got with my camera right before we went in the temple.

SISTERS

The beautiful D.C. Temple

The group shot.  I was amazed how many people were able to come, espcially since none of the family lives on the East Coast.  A lot of people love Chris and Shandi


While we were gone, Kyler and Damon spend the weekend at Nana and Papa's house.  They had a lot of fun (Kyler and Damon, maybe not Nana and Papa so much).  They came to pick them up late Wednesday night.  Damon didn't go to sleep until around midnight and then got up with Papa for seminary at 5am!!  I'm sure he was not fun to be around that day.  Kenney was able to get there on Friday evening to help out while also getting our house ready to switch renters.  He had to come back home for Sunday because he had to pick us up and speak at church.  Needless to say, it was a busy weekend for all of us!   However, it was very nice to not worry about Kyler and Damon while I was away.  It would have been impossible to take them with me and entertain them while helping with the wedding.

Car seats are so much more fun when they are not in the car!  This is the boys playing in their seats waiting for Nana and Papa to come pick them up.

The boys couldn't miss the football game Friday night to watch Uncle Kaden play.  They even 'helped' paint the lines on the field the night before. 

The best part of the game is running on the field afterwards.

He works so hard to balance the ball just right to kick it, and then he misses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment