Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Break Part 2

After visiting for a few days in Childress, we headed down to Brownwood to visit my Nanny. All 3 of the boys got spoiled and loved being at Nanny's house. Kyler especially loves Nanny's because he gets to watch cartoons all day (she has cable and we don't),  play on the iPad, he get's ice cream and she took the boys to McDonald's and "Chick-a-lay". Damon had fun too but doesn't watch TV quite as much as Kyler.  He really liked the food Nanny has at her house! 

This is my Great-Granddaddy Pierce's house that he built.  The city is about to tear it down so we wanted to go see it one more time.

My Granddaddy made this for his dad's house.  I'm glad we were able to grab it before the city knocked it down.

Kenney took one look in the garage and said, "Yep, this is a mechanics garage."  There were quite a few tools and other things still there.  He was able to get an oil can out of there and cleaned it up.  It's pretty neat.

My Nanny, the boys and I on the front porch.
I found these in the garage too.  They are my granddaddy's business cards. If you can read the card it's pretty funny!

Reminds me of my Granddaddy sitting there with his legs crossed watching TV.  Kyler took good notes from when he was younger and Granddaddy was sitting there.

Poor Damon got an eye infection while we were there.  He woke up one morning with his eye matted shut.  He had a black eye on the other side with scratches on his face too.  He looked pretty beat up!

The best time for cuddles is when he is drinking a bottle and falling asleep.  Nanny rocked him to sleep every night!

These boys loved exploring the backyard.

Follow the Leader

We went to the cemetery to see my granddaddy's grave.  I haven't been back since the funeral, and the headstone wasn't there yet.

They found some cars and thought the ramp was pretty cool!

Nanny and 3 great-grandsons.

This little one got spoiled!!

Sittin' on the porch just like the rest of the family!

Silly faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment