Thursday, April 10, 2014

Everyday Life

I don't feel like we lead a very exciting life, but anything with 3 little boys is much more of an adventure than it should be, including what should be easy! Everyday tasks take much more time, patience, and effort than it should. However, it amazes me that simple everyday things I often overlook amaze them. For example, the other day it actually rained (quite an anomaly around here in the last few years), so the boys were excited! Kyler looked at Kenney and said, "I heard thunder in my two ears!" It was really cute, and I often forget how fun things like a thunderstorm can be, even to me! On the flip side, we went to a park today (which took at least 20 minutes to get to since we had to load the bikes in the car, buckle everyone up and drive there) and we stayed no longer than 5 minutes! Seriously less than 5 minutes after being there Kyler and Damon had both gotten hurt and were screaming uncontrollably. Why do I still try to do these things?!? I tell myself it is worth it, but I often wonder if it really is worth it!!

It wouldn't be a picture of Damon without at least one large knot on the top of his head!  He also hit his nose twice somehow and ended up with a bloody nose by the end of the day!

I cannot tell you how hard it is to get a picture of this kid with his eyes open!  The picture above is nothing short of a miracle!

This little guy is getting SO SO big!

Kyler and Damon thought he looked like a dinosaur!

Well, he sure can roar like a dinosaur!!

I just absolutely LOVE that cute face!!

So Radley has decided this week that he needs to start walking!

Today he took 5 steps because he was so excited to see Daddy!

Damon trying really hard to keep his eyes open.  Notice he is not looking at the camera.  Apparently that is the trick to keeping them open!

Kyler said, "Look Mom! I can keep my eyes open!"  Yep they are definitely open!!

Earlier on the same day we left the park after they boys getting hurt, I also made the effort to walk the boys to a different park to let them throw rocks in the water.  (I am trying to keep us all entertained and busy by doing things other than watching movies and playing on the iPad.)  They threw rocks for about 8 minutes and then decided it was time to go home.  What??  I even pushed them in the stroller to get there, and I only got 8 minutes of entertainment???  How is that fair?!?

I literally took a short video of them throwing the rocks and a few pictures, and they were ready to go.  I was shocked.  I usually have to drag them home.  The one time I was ready and excited to be there, they have no interest!  Go figure!

This is how we ride these days!  That is over 80lbs of weight.  I am grateful my kids aren't heavy!!

This is Damon screaming at the park about his leg.  I was getting the camera out to take a picture of Kyler doing the monkey bars, because he can do it all by himself now, and I turned around to see Damon hurt and Kyler running up right behind him with a huge blister on his palm from doing the monkey bars!!  I said to Kenney, "Why did we come?"  He looked at me in the car on the way home and said, "I bet you have this feeling a lot don't you?"  I responded, "At LEAST once a day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment