Sunday, September 7, 2014

End of Summer

Summer has ended and our pool has closed, but we made sure to use it to the very end. Our maintenance guy for the apartments even told me how to break into the pool when the office is closed, but I don't think we'll be going again! We went to Nana & Papa's house Labor Day Weekend. We were able to see Aunt Savanna and her fiance Kevin. (They got engaged while we were there. It was a lot of fun, and we are super excited for them!) There are a lot of other random pictures too!

Now that summer is over, the boys are both fully independent in the pool!  They can jump in and swim with floaties.  Maybe next year we will try to do it without floaties, but while Radley was still so little my nerves couldn't handle going to the pool without them.
Damon was so tried at Nana & Papa's house one day, he fell asleep like this.  Hand in the bowl and everything.
Damon now goes on the tube willingly at the lake.  Right after this picture was taken, Papa started the boat to pull them and apparently there was too much weight on the front of the tube.  The tube took a  nose dive into the water and knocked all three of them off.  Damon was so scared!  Kyler and Avery took it really well, but poor Damon just started to go out on the tube.  He was screaming and terrified.  Hopefully since it was the last ride of the day and the summer that he will forget before next year and still want to go out again.
This little monkey thinks he can do everything.  He often climbs up like this to wash his hand or rinse his dishes off.  It is nice that he is so independent, but it also gets very annoying when he makes a much bigger mess than what he is trying to clean up!
One day we had to go to a gun shop to go pick up something for Papa's guns.  After I paid for the stuff, the guy in the shore asked me if the boys would like to feed some camels.  I thought I heard him wrong so I asked him to repeat it.  Well I heard right!  He gave us a loaf of bread and sent us behind the shop to go feed some camels!!
There were lots of other animals too, goats, donkeys, bison, cows, etc.  Radley was a little intimidated by how big the animals were, so he just kinda hung back and watched.
Kyler had no problem feeding the animals.  He just stuck the bread through the holes in the fence.
Finally, as we were on our last few pieces of bread, Damon decided to get a bit more courage and began to feed the animals too!
One morning we had some doctors appointments and had about an hour and half between appointments, and rather than going home we went to the park.  It was so nice outside and no one was at the park (neither were surprising since it was not even 8am when we got there!).
Radley now thinks he can do everything the big boys do, and he sure does try!
Kyler wanted me to take a picture of him doing everything.  He's quite the little poser now!
Radley trying to keep up!
He really does try to do everything they do.  He doesn't realize how small he is because he truly believes he can and should do whatever they do!
He did love to sit in this swing and eat his cereal.  It was nice to have one sitting still even for a few minutes.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and I have a friend who's little girl had leukemia.  She has been trying to get the word out there to help battle this disease.  To help support their family, I decided to donate my hair again, but I think this was the most shocking and drastic change for me. I have done this twice before, and it wasn't a big deal.  I was supposed to get 10 inches cut off, but she ended up cutting at least 13 inches off.  I am still not quite used to the change, however the hair is gone so I have to adjust!  The boys didn't even notice when I walked in the door.  I asked if my hair looked different and neither Kyler nor Damon said anything.  How could they not notice?  I asked Kenney if it looked ok (he really likes my long hair).  He didn't say anything.  So I asked if it looked bad, and he said, "It doesn't look bad, just different."  I guess this is the type of reaction I should expect living with a house full of boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment