Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Dreaded Family Pictures

Our family hates, and that is putting it nicely, family pictures. Kenney has despised them since he was young, and it hasn't really gotten any better.  I don't know many kids that enjoy formal pictures.  Sure Radley lets me catch him being cute in his pj's and holding a cup of milk, but trying to get a good picture of all of us together, dressed nicely is just impossible!  I now hate family pictures because I know how much the rest of the family hates family pictures.  I get stressed trying to make sure everything is ready to go and easy for everyone else and that we spend no more than 30 mins taking the pictures.  I didn't even get these done in time to do Christmas cards this year, so all I wanted was a decent picture of the 5 of us looking and (if I'm lucky) smiling at the camera to put on our wall.  Well, the picture taking wasn't miserable (in my mind), but hopefully the results get better in the future! Thanks to Tia, Gina, and Papa Dude for making them the best possible!
And this is as good as it gets folks!
Definitely captured some personality with this shot!
My sweet little guy.
I can't believe how big/old he is getting!!
Story of my life, little boys hanging all over me!
We had all kinds of issues trying to get these pictures done.
Taking flight!
We kept throwing a rock or something ahead of us that the boys were chasing after each shot.  So much for getting any smiles out of that!
So far the shoulder pose has worked the best for us, but they are getting too big now.  We've got to figure something else out for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment