Sunday, June 28, 2015

It's A......

Well Baby Keys #4 is on the way. We (myself specifically) weren't sure if we should find out the gender of this baby. I was torn about wanting to be surprised and happy the day the baby came or wanting to be prepared, just in case it was a girl. I went back and forth for a while and was pretty determined that I wasn't going to find out. However, life got really complicated and a lot of things happened that were out of our control, so I decided that finding out if the baby was a boy or girl was something I could control. We had the ultrasound tech put the picture in an envelope. I picked the boys up from my friend's house and drove to meet Kenney at work during his lunch so we could open it. (We were going to wait til that evening, but the boys and I were going out of town that weekend so we had to do it before we left). Kenney wrote out BOY and GIRL for Kyler to see, and Kyler opened it and read it to us!

For a long time the boys all thought the baby was for sure a boy and that we needed more boys in our family, Damon especially. One night Kenney was talking to the boys, and he explained to them that they didn't have a sister. Damon then decided that he needed a sister! He has been convinced ever since that the baby would be a girl. I was shocked! I never thought he would want or admit that our baby could be a girl!

He read it accurately!!



Kyler read it right!  It's a GIRL!!!  Kenney didn't believe it at first and had to read it for himself!  We are all really excited and can't wait for this new little girl to join our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment