Monday, August 24, 2015

Backyard Adventures

These boys are slowly adjusting to having a yard. They don't often go outside on their own, but slowly their endurance for staying outside is increasing! Here are a few things they have found to keep busy!

This guy is a great helper, rather he wants to be!
He likes to work right along Kenney doing whatever it is he can come up with at the time.  He grabs a shovel, rake, hoe or anything to make himself feel like he is contributing.  It's really sweet to see him working with his dad!
Mud/dirt is a favorite!  I of course hate it because of the mess, but I am trying to get over it.  I'm not sure that will ever happen, but I'm working on it.
Often Radley and Damon will end up sitting at the kitchen sink to clean themselves off, and it drives me crazy!!!  I hate dirt from outside in my kitchen sink and on the counters, and they do it all the time.  However they love making messes!!
Mud from head to toe!!
One evening Kenney found this turtle while mowing the lawn.  He looked it up and discovered it is an ornate box turtle.
They were scared to touch it, but oh so curious!
Kyler's getting better about bugs and other things.
This little thing could dig like crazy!
Damon finally touched it after a while.
This just makes me laugh every time I think about it... One night I was turning our bedroom light off to go to bed and noticed another light on near the hall.  It was coming from the bathroom, and I remembered that I had heard Damon use the bathroom about an hour before.  I walked to his room to make sure he was there and couldn't find him.  I walked back to the bathroom and found him asleep on the bathroom floor, pants down to ankles!!  It was hilarious.  I never figured out if he actually peed or if he just feel asleep, but this is how I found him!

No comments:

Post a Comment