Monday, February 6, 2017

Mom's Girls Trip

For Christmas Kenney got me a girls trip with one of my best friends from Lubbock to Dallas and Waco. It was so much fun! I had not spent the night away from my kids since our trip to England in 2011, so I was really excited. I drove to Dallas and picked up Tiffany from the airport because she lives in Arizona now. We then drove to Waco the next morning to visit the Magnolia Silos from the show Fixer Upper. We didn't have any set plans besides that so it was really nice. The trip ended up being as much about food as anything. We went to In-N-Out because the California girl in me hasn't died yet, I got a gyro, we went to Carol's Bakery and got a cannoli and lobster tail both of which were really good but super pricey, I had Costa Vida for the first time and it was really good, and the cupcakes from The Silos Baking Co. were the best!  They looked way better than the cupcakes at Carol's.

We also went to a movie which was fun. We slept and got ready without little hands and mouths bothering us!  It was amazing!  I was actually worried that I wouldn't want to come home, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was excited to see my kids again!  (I know that sounds awful, but I was really glad I missed them so much!)

Poor Kenney had a rough weekend.  I'm  not sure he will let me leave again, but I told him he's coming next time!  Between the basketball games and a pipe busting at our rent house it was a long weekend for him.  He did great with the kids, and I think only Bentley and Radley seemed to  miss me.  However, when I got in the car to drive home with the kids Kyler and Damon said I had been gone a long time!!  "You were gone two days Mom!"
The Silos were so much fun!
The Silos Baking Company
The cupcakes were excellent!  We really liked the strawberry one the best.
The actual Silos
Everyone there is so nice.  We asked someone working there how often Chip and Joanna are actually at the Silos, and they said right  now they are filming so they don't come as often during filming, dang.  However she said a week or two ago Chip had the kids on a balcony throwing shirts down to everyone visiting that day!  She said they are great people.
The green house made me think of Papa Dude.  It was so pretty I almost wanted one, almost!
Our garden will never look this good!
This is what most of the men were doing, haha!!  I thought Kenney would be doing the same!
My dream herb garden!
I actually thought my kids would have a lot of fun playing here with the blocks, swings, balls, etc.
We passed on the food trucks, but there was a lot of food there!
We didn't plan it this way, but apparently our trip was a lot of about food!!
I thought the wisk handles were a nice touch.
The Cake Boss Family
The delivery truck.  The display cakes were really pretty, but I wonder if they are anywhere as good as the ones on TV.
Last but not least, we got pedicures!
I got this picture from Kerry of Bentely with her Uncle Kevin on Saturday while everyone was in Altus watching basketball games.  She was impressed Kenney did Bentlley's hair!  I was impressed too.  He told me it looked better in the front than the back, but I still think he did a great job!
All ready for church with pigtails from Daddy!
Daddy did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment