Thursday, February 3, 2011

75 to Below Zero!!

Oh how I love global warming!!! We can sure feel the heat now! So our beautiful, short-lived weekend is over, and now we feel like we are in Idaho again!! Don't get me wrong I loved Idaho, just hated the winters. And now it seems they followed us. It has been freezing. Monday night, like over half the country, we had a huge winter storm hit. We have had below zero windchills and single digit temperatures for a high. We also had thunder and lightning during the storm. That never happened in Idaho. Who has thunder during a snowstorm? Only in Texas I guess.

Most of our pipes have frozen. We are down to half a sink (only the hot water works in one of our bathroom sinks). I have no water in my laundry room and my dishes are piling up. Luckily, the shower and toilet still work!! We also never lost power which is a blessing. Kyler has stayed in his pajamas for the last two days trying to stay warm, and we have a space heater blowing at all times. I have also been in sweats all day! Poor Kenney has had to get out in this weather and go to work. We are hoping by this weekend we will have running water throughout the whole house! Hope everyone else is staying warm.

Deadly Icicles



We should have taken pictures on Tuesday before all the snow
blew away with our 20mph winds!!


2 comments:

  1. We had thunder and lightening during our blizzard last week...It's a weird weather phenomena called "thunder snow"....it is very bizarre though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sounding a little like Idaho...we have had three days off of work for the past week because temperatures have been -30 here! We have enjoyed our days off, but I am really wishing for Spring. I hope you get your water back soon...I know what that feels like and it is not fun.

    ReplyDelete