Friday, July 26, 2013

All in ONE Day

So everyone has been telling me lately how good it is that my children are so close in age, and that they will be such good friends; it will be easier to take them to do activities because they will be doing the same things; they are all boys and will play so well together, etc.  All these things are true, and I am looking forward to those things.  However, none of the people telling me these things have 3 boys ages 3 and under!! 

I love my boys dearly, but they can cause so much destruction in ONE day!!  Right now Kyler and Damon are causing the destruction mostly while I cook dinner and nurse Radley, but what will my house look like when I have 3 boys doing these things together?!?  I have always struggled nursing and now my boys have added more reasons to the negative side.  Here is the proof! 

(I asked Kenney when he got home if he wanted to see my day in pictures.  I thought after the first mess it would be done, but I had to make sure and document ALL of the messes)

I thought the boys were playing nicely in their room, and I heard one container of toys get dumped.  I thought it was only one and didn't think it was a big deal; then I went back there to see what they were doing and found this!

They had dumped EVERY SINGLE toy that they have into the middle of the room.  Kyler came out asking me where his Buzz gun was because he couldn't find it.  I had no idea this is why he couldn't find it!

Both sides of their toy shelf looked like this.  Completely empty!!  The only positive thing about this situation was that they did not empty their dressers as well, which they have been known to do.

Next, while I was feeding Radley, they decided to take food from underneath our bed and make a train out of it.

They made sure to get out enough cans and other things to go through two rooms.  At least they didn't open any of the food until I was done nursing, thankfully, because Damon opened the peanut butter.  That would have been awful to clean up.

Luckily I was able to stop them before they got too much further.  I'm sure they would have gotten out every can under there if I would have let them.

Then while I was making dinner they decided to get out EVERY book we have and make a big stack.  Kyler was pretty proud of it.  Unfortunately, most of the counter space I have to work with in the kitchen requires me to turn my back on the kids.  This is the kind of thing that ends up happening, so I have to choose between this or two little boys on the counter 'helping' me!

Damon was not left out of any of these messes, but Kyler was the mastermind behind all of them.

Catching the stack before it fell.  After this one fell they made it even higher.
***Another 3 reasons why I need a backyard!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have to admit, they are quite creative. I think a food train sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Elizabeth! I'm tired just after reading that... that sounds like Kenney's kids though!

    ReplyDelete