Thursday, August 1, 2013

Surviving Hour by Hour

I have been asked a lot recently how things are going, and I have been saying, "We are taking it hour by hour."  And that is truly how I have been surviving.  Kenney is doing his clinical right now, and we both thought it would be easier in a lot of ways compared to school.  We were very wrong.  He has been gone for over 10hrs pretty much every day.  I was not prepared to handle these boys that much so soon.  It is nearly impossible to make dinner without someone to help with the kids!!

My new dilemma is between staying at home with the boys or getting out and doing things.  So far I don't have much positive to say either way.  We all go crazy staying inside all day (see broken window picture) because the boys need space to play, but if I take them in public one or more of them is crying at all times.  I had to pick up Radley's medicine the other day, and the three of us barely made it out alive.  All three of them were crying before we even got out of the car to walk into the hospital; We were all sweating because they didn't have the medicine ready until the hottest part of the day; Damon refused to walk in the hospital so I was pushing the stroller and carrying him; Kyler literally threw a fit the entire time (rolling around on the ground and everything), and to top it off they were handed suckers as we walked out the door to reward their 'good' behavior!!  I won't even mention our drama at storytime yesterday!!  So basically I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Any suggestions??  I really would like to enjoy this time with my boys, but it is proving rather difficult!

This picture is a little old, but I thought it was cute

Swimming with Daddy.  This is Kyler being 'brave'.  He is so scared of the water, and we don't know why.  It takes a lot of negotiation to get him to ride on Kenney's back.  He likes to go around and touch all the numbers.

Damon shooting Kyler and Daddy with the water gun.

Splash Splash Splash

Damon 'swimming' to the stairs.  Apparently, after I left Damon got really brave and started jumping in the water, but I didn't see any of it and therefore we have no pictures. 

Not the most flattering picture, but this is what I would prefer doing these days!

I know to most people this does not look like a chunky baby, but in our family, this is the chubbiest baby so far!

Radley has started smiling!!  I love it when they finally start acknowledging me. This is not the best picture, but it's hard to get them to smile at a camera.  The first time he smiled was a 3am.  It was an eventful feeding; he smiled, his cord finally fell off, he sprayed both of us with spit-up and filled his diaper!

Just an adorable little face!

Almost a full smile


It is nearly impossible to get a reasonable picture with these three

I know I will always have protection with 3 little Spidermen.

The broken window.  Apparently throwing cars is a bad idea.  I was feeding Radley, of course, while this happened, and after they had been told repeatedly not to throw cars .  It took nearly 30mins to clean it up.  Kyler and Damon had to sit on their beds and Radley screamed the entire time.  Needless to say, it took 7:00 a LONG time to roll around this day.

2 comments:

  1. I strap the kids into the double stroller (they don't know how to unbuckle yet, so if you're boys do then that's a problem). That way they are at least "contained". :) And then I go over expectations, add a little bribery for good behavior, and there ya go! My kids are angels! (Major sarcasm!) Those are my strategies though. Sometimes they work, and most of the time they don't. Good luck! Maybe when you figure it out you can let me know! :)
    P.S. Radley is so adorable! Does his hair naturally stick up like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, you're super mom. I'm on vacation right now but when I get back, you'll have to bring your boys over to play in our backyard. I don't mind screaming because Sam will probably be doing the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete