Thursday, August 8, 2013

Staying Busy

I have been trying to keep these boys busy, hoping to avoid making messes and driving me crazy.  I am still wondering if going in pubic is a good idea, but we are making small efforts to get out.  It does give the boys a break from being at home and tends to break up the day, making it much more manageable til Daddy gets home.  Here are some of the things we have been up to!

The boys got some bubble guns when Radley was born.  Here they are trying to figure out how to work them.

Klyer got some bubbles to start blowing.

Shooting one another

Radley hanging out with us.  He didn't last very long so the boys had to finish blowing the bubbles quickly.

Damon's first bloody nose.  I know there will be many more to follow.  I asked what happened, and Kyler said, "I threw a bowling ball pin at his face."  Yep, that will bloody a nose!!  Apparently breaking a window wasn't enough to learn a lesson about throwing things.  He had to try and break his brother's nose.  Thank goodness Damon is pretty tough.  He really didn't even cry.  I text Kenney to tell him and his reply was, "Haha, I shouldn't laugh."  I told him not to feel bad because I got the camera as soon as I realized he was ok!  We sound like great parents don't we?

The boys like to line up things.  They will do this with pretty much everything: books, canned food, blocks, cars, etc.  It does make cleaning up easier because they keep their lines very organized.

Damon likes to sleep in Kyler's bed now.  One night I went to go put Kyler in his bed and laid him on top of Damon.  I couldn't see him laying there because it was dark, and I just assumed he was in his own bed.  Oops.  Kenney still doesn't understand how I laid Kyler on top of Damon, but I really didn't see him sleeping there!

Damon smothers Radley quite often during the day.  Radley takes it pretty well, but Damon does not know what personal space is.  It annoys all of us!

Kyler's new thing is to pick out and change clothes multiple times a day.  He has definitely not caught on to the whole matching thing.  He doesn't care what his clothes look like.  I keep trying to tell him to stop getting out long sleeved shirts and pants because it is 100 degrees outside, but he does it anyway.  The other day he came out wearing his heavy winter coat.  Needless to say, that didn't last very long.  


Radley is making things more difficult too because he now rolls over really well.  He rolled over for the first time when he was 3 weeks old, but now it is a much more smooth motion.  I guess I can't leave him unattended now!  I was hoping he might be a little slower than his brothers and not be mobile quite so fast, but that doesn't seem to be happening!

This is the look I get when the flash goes off!

Just about to sneeze
Kyler can be found doing this quite frequently during the day.  He doesn't like Radley's crying!!

Damon decided to try and get some fruitsnacks off the top of the fridge.  He uses his bat to turn the light on and off in his room and to reach things that are too far for his hands.  Naturally, the bat would be his first thought to reach the top of the fridge.  Can you tell this is where I try and keep things out of reach?  There is a lot of junk up there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment