Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snowed In

So a huge winter storm blew in, brought some snow with it, and caused church to get canceled. I told Kyler to look out the window when he woke up, and he got so excited. He wanted to go play outside immediately!  After getting all of us ready, we ventured outside in the cold.  The boys LOVED the snow.  I was really surprised because it was cold, and they don't have very good gloves, especially for snow.  The snow wasn't wet enough to make snowballs, but that didn't stop the boys from throwing the snow at one another and me!!  Kyler had so much fun.  Damon liked it for a little while, but he once again refused to put on a real coat, so he got wet and cold.  Imagine that?!?  I am so excited to have a yard!!  Have I mentioned that before?!?

He was so excited!

See that cute little smirk on his face?  He had fun too!

We can't go outside without at least 2 balls.

If you look close, you can see the snow he is throwing in the air.

1,2,3 throw the snow!

Then the throwing snow AT each other begins.

And Damon is no longer having fun, but Kyler is not ready to stop yet!

This picture explains perfectly why I tried to get Damon into a 'real' coat.  However, Damon does not see my logic!

We got a good couple inches.

This is Kyler trying and trying to build a snowman.  He is convinced Daddy can build one.  I don't know if our Daddy is quite that good, but I'm glad Kyler thinks he is!

Kyler wanted to make sure I got a picture of the icicles.


This is what Radley and Daddy were doing while we played in the snow.
Look who is starting to sit up all by himself!!  He doesn't last very long right now, but he is getting better.  He is much better than the other two boys at this age.  I think it's because he has a much  more solid base!!

This little guy at least found a warm hat!
The boys decided to head back outside with Daddy after Damon's nap.  They wanted to make a snowman, and this is what they came up with at first.

I wasn't lying when I said that the snow was really dry.  Even Daddy had some problems.

And this is what it looked like when Damon was left unattended for no more than 30 seconds.  Really, 30 seconds tops!

However, Daddy was successful in getting Damon's coat on before he went outside!

This is what we call the Iceman!  Kenney said there was no way he could make a snowman with snow, but Kyler wanted one really bad.  So Daddy was nice and made one out of ice.  We tried to add eyes and a nose, but we didn't have much,in the way of coal.  So we attempted to use Legos, but those didn't work, so we went with what we know best in our house, superheros!!


We knew Damon was being far too quiet!

This is one of Damon's attempts to climb the fridge. It is not his best, but it gives you an idea of what I am dealing with everyday!

1 comment:

  1. I love it and miss y'all already. Jax will still ask for Kyler and Damon sometimes. and that is the best snowman!

    ReplyDelete