Monday, November 4, 2013

The Three Musketeers

Have I mentioned that my mom is AWESOME?!?! She made the boys costumes again this year and did amazing!!  We took them to the church Halloween party and to the Science Spectrum for trick-or-treating and they had an absolute blast!! I think Halloween is slowly becoming their favorite holiday!  It took a little candy bribing to get Damon into his costume, but it was totally worth it.  They got attention everywhere they went.  The hats just topped it all off! 

The first night we put them in their costumes, we went to the church.  They had some carnival games for the kids to play and trick-or-treating.  Every time they played a game, they got candy.  For the first 6 or 7 times, they would both eat the candy right away rather than putting it in their candy bags.  It was fun for them to just run around and play games with all the kids.  The cake walk was pretty funny too because they happened to win every time!  After the trick-or-treating, we came back inside to help clean everything up, and the boys noticed that the left over candy from the games had been left unattended.  Kyler came and grabbed a bag; put two big handfuls of candy in it; showed me all that he got; I told him that was enough, and he replied, "Mom, my bag isn't full yet."  So he proceeded to fill it up.  Much to my dismay, the people in charge insisted that he take it home.  Thanks!


All For One & One For All

They even got light-up swords!

The hats were more difficult for these two to keep on, but they were so cute!

I love the look on his face.  "What is she doing to me?"

Look who stole one of the swords!

The boys were really excited to put their costumes back on to go to the Science Spectrum.  No bribing needed this time.  Damon knew the costumes meant more candy!  It was pretty crowded, and Radley got so much attention from people of all ages everywhere we went.  They were having a costume contest, and I was really hesitant to enter (mostly because they had a snake exhibit in the same room and people were holding and touching live snakes).  Kenney insisted, and I am so glad we did because the boys WON!!!  I knew they were cute, but it was nice to see that everyone else thought they were adorable too!!  They won a Lego game, Omni tickets, and a year pass to the museum!  (My mom got them a pass last Christmas and was going to get them another pass this year, but her sewing efforts literally paid off!!)  We were really excited!  They also had huge blowup slides and jumping things, which Kyler loved.  Overall, our family had an absolute BLAST this Halloween!

How cute is that?!?

Playing some games at the Science Spectrum.  I think the boys' throwing abilities surprised most people.  They both refused to get close and throw things!

They had a lot of fun running around and jumping. 

Kyler is so much more adventurous than I ever was as a kid.  He just jumped right up and got in with all the other kids to go down the slides.  I would have never done that on my own.  I am so glad he will go have fun and not worry about anything else!

Coming out of the maze.  He had a little help (thank goodness Kenney and I could see over the maze!)

I don't think I ever want to know how much candy these boys consumed!!  Damon even ate through wrappers.

The big WINNERS!!  So this is not the best picture, but they really did win!

The cutest little Halloween Spook!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, this is the cutest thing ever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! and of course they won! look at 'em! and yes your mom is amazing!

    ReplyDelete