Friday, November 21, 2014

Snow Day

Kyler LOVES the snow!! He told me he wouldn't go to church on Sunday if there was snow because he needed to play in it. Thankfully, it didn't start snowing until we were in church, and he was so excited to come find me and tell me it was snowing!! We made it home and somehow didn't have to go out in the snow on Sunday (he never asked). Monday morning I dug out all the winter gear, found the gloves, hats, snow-pants, etc, and got everyone dressed before it all melted away. We went outside, and it took all of about 5 minutes before Radley and Damon were ready to come back inside. It took me longer to get them ready than the amount of time they played out there! Kyler didn't want to come inside, but I had a delimma: Do I let Kyler play outside unattended where I can't see him, or do I make him come inside because the other two were miserable outside? (Another reason I need a yard) So I let him play about 10-15 mins longer, checking on him every 30 seconds, before I couldn't take it anymore. Poor kid. He came in without a fight, but he wanted to stay out there so bad!

He was so excited coming home from church.  Damon said, "Mom the snow took the sun away."  I guess he noticed the sun wasn't shining and blamed the snow.  Pretty good assumption.
Of course the first thing Damon does outside is throw the snow right at me and essentially the camera!
Radley touching snow for the first time.  I tried so hard to get him to keep his mittens on, but he absolutely refused.  His poor little hands were so red from being cold and touching the snow.
Snow fight!
Radley was so curious and wondering what the other two were doing that he kept touching the snow.
Damon continued to throw the snow at anyone within reach.
Then they both ganged up on Radley.  This kid has no choice except to be tough!
He also hated his jacket.  He was much happier when I removed the jacket as well.
And still they continued to throw snow at him!
Everyone trying to make a snowball, but the snow was just not very good.
Kyler and Damon have been playing a lot of dress up lately, and Radley wanted to join in too.  He found his little boots from his lion costume and brought them to me.  He was so proud of himself.  He hated the costume at Halloween, but I guess he's warming up to it now that he has cool boots/slippers.
The boys attended their first princess party last weekend.  Radley rather enjoyed his cupcake!
He was so happy!
The boys wanted to throw me a birthday party, so they made brownies, sang Happy Birthday, and gave me presents (the rings they got from the princess party).  It was so cute to see how excited they were for my birthday and how much they wanted to make me happy!
This is a little project I just finished.  I found this metal rack, I guess you could call it, in all of my granddaddy's stuff.  I brought it home and let it sit on my dresser for a few weeks before Kenney got tired of me doing nothing with it and decided to start scrubbing off all the rust.  He really did the hard part, and then I painted it.  I really like how it turned out!  It spins and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment