Saturday, November 14, 2015

Bentley Elise Keys

This little girl finally made her debut on Friday November 13th at 1:42pm.  She was 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches long; our biggest baby yet!  One reason she was the biggest was because I was 6 days over due and none of her brothers even made it to a due date!  I was really hoping she would be born on Nov 12th making her the 3rd child in our family to be born on the 12th of a month, but the doctor was going to a football game and wouldn't induce me until the next morning!!  Really?? I like football, but I was really disappointed.  I did everything I could think of (besides castor oil) to make me go into labor on the 12th, but she wasn't going to budge!!  She stayed inside nice and cozy until we forced her to come out the next day!

We got to the hospital and they broke my water at 8:30am the next morning.  I wasn't having consistent enough contractions by 10-10:30 so they started pitocin.  Ugh! I HATE that drug!!  By 11:45 I had not made much progress, so I thought I was in for another long day on pit.  However, I progressed pretty quickly after that and was ready to go around 1:30.  3 pushes later she came into the world (thankfully, because I don't think I would have made it much longer)!

She screamed and screamed when the nurses were messing with her.  She hated them touching her and doing things to her, but she was born with a full head of hair and looks like a mix of all her brothers right now!  It was a relief to know that it was for sure that we finally had a girl in our family, and she is perfect!


This was the day I thought for sure the Dr would send me to the hospital.  However we had to wait one more day!
As new as they come!
Kenney HATED this big bow!  She will never have a bow that big again.  Daddy will make sure!
Not sure the glossy eyes are her best look, but we still thought she was pretty.
Cleaned up after her first bath with poofy hair and all.
Long and skinny, just like her brothers.
She latched on to her pacifier really fast.
Practically perfect in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment