Thursday, April 12, 2012

Exterior Makeover

Can I tell you that paint is AMAZING!! I never knew paint could do so much! Well, paint and hard work by Kenney. I don't think I have ever posted pictures of the outside of our house before. I think I was embarrassed of the house when we first bought it. I knew we could make it look better, but we literally bought 2 houses that were connected. Before we painted it, it completely looked like 2 different houses. Now it's not quite as noticeable, but really we can't hide the fact that it is not one cohesive home. Kenney hand painted the first house and it took weeks! It looked great, but we knew there had to be a better way. Last week, Kenney borrowed a sprayer for the other house. He painted the entire thing in about 2 hours with the help of a friend. Then we painted the green trim to finish it. Kenney also works really hard to make sure our yard looks nice. Our house was a wreck when we bought it, but now it looks like a nice presentable home!

BEFORE


This is the side of the house we live in

This is the 'other' house




This is the back of the side we live in

The yard was ridiculous when we bought it. It took Kenney and our very kind Brother-in-law a couple hours to mow it with 2 mowers going.


AFTER






This is the halfway point. Kenney finished the bigger house in 2010. The room that connects the houses (seen on the left) was not yet painted.





Overall, Kenney has done an incredible job making our house look great. I can offically say that I am no longer embarrassed about our house.

1 comment:

  1. Like always Kenney you amaze me! When Kenney says he's going to do it, you already know it's going to get done. It lookes great ya'll!

    ReplyDelete