Thursday, May 3, 2012

Destruction

I always knew my boys were more active than most kids, but I am running out of energy!  Kyler is wearing me out.  He never stops!  Every time I turn around he is getting into something new, usually while I am trying to clean up the previous disaster.  The boys have spent some time with Nana lately because I have been trying to work on the house.  She attempted to put them down for a nap at her house.  We thought it might be kinda difficult, but she thought it would be worth a try.  Well, Kyler had other ideas than sleeping.  He got into her mascara and had it all over, unwrapped all of her wrapping paper rolls, etc.  He found plenty of things to keep him awake.  Needless to say, he didn't take a nap!  Papa (Kenney's dad) looked at me and said, "Just wait til Damon is playing with him."  Yeah, I'm not real excited for that.  Here are some pictures of some recent destruction at our house.

I was making Damon's breakfast and then looked out in the living room to find this!  He did this in less than 2 mins.  I made the mistake of letting Kyler help me clean the couch the other day, and now he wants to do it every day.  He also 'helps' with the dishes and gets water everywhere.
 
Jump high!  Damon likes to climb on the cushions too.

This only takes about 10 mins


Bucket Head!!
I think Kyler's face in the picture is absolutely hilarious!!  It looks nothing like him, but it's so funny!


Sitting in the blanket bucket!

Yes, that giraffe in his hands went flying into my face right after I took this picture.  Doesn't he look so innocent?!

Damon is learning quickly to make messes too.  He has an amazing teacher so I'm not surprised!

I'm not quite sure what this face is saying

Nap time has been the most challenging part of the day lately.  Not only does Kyler get into things, but he climbs into Damon's bed and gets him involved too.  This is how I found his room one day.  I promise it was clean when I put him in there!
The other day I was trying to paint and the boys were supposed to be taking a nap.  I had the monitor in the room with me so I could hear them playing.  I went to go check on them and try to settle things down, and I could not believe what I saw when I opened the door. (That's what I should have taken a picture of)  First, Kyler was once again in Damon's bed; his giraffe was hanging in mid-air from the pull-strings of the ceiling fan; the growth chart on the wall behind the crib was pulled off the wall and torn into shreds; shoes, clothes, and blankets were thrown everywhere; curtains were pulled down; do I need to keep going?  I have found his room like this several times now.  What do I do?  What am I going to do when we move and his toys are in the same room?  It's going to be interesting for sure!!

1 comment: