Sunday, June 22, 2014

Trying to be a 'Fun Mom'

So I have never considered myself a 'fun' mom.  I don't do fun parties, let my kids get dirty, do fun activities and crafts, etc.  However, now that Kenney has been gone more and the boys and I have a lot of quality time to spend together, I thought I would try and do more fun things with the boys to keep us all entertained!  I have since learned I am not meant to be a fun mom!!  I am so horrible about letting the boys get dirty and I get so frustrated trying to let them do things that make messes.  Here are some things that we have been up to lately!

I saw this on Pinterest and have heard about other people doing this.  Basically you let the kids 'paint' with shaving cream by dying the shaving cream different colors and letting them paint in the bathtub.  I think the cleanest part of the whole thing was making the different colors.

I guess since we made the colors in the muffin tin, Damon thought it would be good to eat, even after I told him multiple times NOT to eat it. I guess he has to learn the hard way!

He also tried to taste the shaving cream, but I expected it from him!

Radley had fun, even though I think he was kinda confused about what was going on because this was not a normal bath!


I tried to crop out all of their naked little bodies because I didn't want them all over the internet!

I'm pretty sure they had a blast, and I had one MAJOR mess to clean up!

These two...

That water just kept getting more dirty and green as time went on.

They made sure to paint every surface they could reach!  And all over Pinterest and other blogs it kept saying that it doesn't stain and cleans right up. Yeah right!!  The grout lines are stained blue, green and red!!!  So now I have to figure out how to clean them.  Bleach hasn't worked so far!

But I guess stained grout lines are worth that smile!

I told you that water was nasty!

And this is the section that is stained!

Taking kids to the park counts as fun right?!?

This is Kyler and Damon's favorite posing place.  Kyler looked at me as he sat there and said, "It's a lovely day.  Take my picture."
Does this count as being fun, by letting my child go outside dressed like this?  High-waters, a short shirt, glasses, etc.!!
Then they wanted to go outside dressed up in their different costumes.  Damon has been getting himself all dressed up!
Kyler's hat blew off so he decided to keep it inside, but he still sported the rest of the Musketeer look!
He really loves to ride his scooter these days!
Damon just likes to run fast and chase Kyler.
These boys love dirt, rocks, and water!
He wanted to get in the water so bad!!  He would walk right into it if we didn't stop him!
Throwing rocks comes very naturally to our boys.
He was finally somewhat content just hitting the water with a stick rather than going all the way into the water, but don't worry he made sure to get mud and water all over!

I told Kyler one Sunday he couldn't get all the way dressed for church yet because I didn't want him to get all wrinkled, so this is how he walked around the house for an hour waiting to get his pants on.  I didn't expect him to put the socks on, but I love his dorky little personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment