Saturday, February 28, 2015

Snow Storm Fun

I am so surprised how much these boys (minus Radley) love the snow!!  I thought the cold would be too much for them, and I was shocked at how much and how long they have played outside! I have also been amazed how much snow we got this last week.  I have never seen snow like this here.  I tried to take them out one day by myself and that didn't go too well.  Radley refused to put on gloves and a hat even though he wanted to play so bad.  He would touch the snow and scream and his poor little hands were red and freezing.  Needless to say, he didn't last long and all of us had to go back inside.  When Kenney came home they were able to have a lot more fun!  Radley and I stayed inside, and I snuck outside to take a few pictures.

Radley's inital impression of the snow.
His opinion quickly changed!
We didn't get much snow the first day, but enough to make some happy boys!
There was at least 6 inches of snow on the ground the second day and bigger drifts that made for a lot of fun.  They discovered how much fun eating the snow can be.
Damon was obsessed with eating the snow.
Snowball Fight
Much better snow angels with more snow.
They were having a ball (pun intended, haha)
Damon couldn't figure out how to make a snowball with his mittens so he would carefully carry around clumps of snow and then throw them!
Kyler was jumping around like crazy and landing in the snow.
Snowflakes on the eye lashes!
I put on the only movie Radley will watch (Rio), gave him some snacks and juice, and ran outside super quick to take some pictures.  He would just wave at me through the window.
Damon spent about 50% of the time laying on the snow like this.  Then he started to lick the snow.  I have never seen anyone do this before.  I promise I didn't teach him this!
And Kyler soon followed!
The roads were pretty icy and slick so Daddy wanted something to pull the boys around in the parking lot.  We didn't have much, and I suggested a laundry basket.  Kenney decided to try a box first.  It worked pretty well at first.
They loved being pulled around.
We also made the famous Lively Family snow ice cream.  They ALL loved this!
Damon's face.... hahaha
Can you tell they liked it?!?
Cheese

After the box broke they decided to try out the laundry basket. It work really well! Kenney got them to pull each other, and it was pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment