Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Cookies

I have to say, making cookies for Santa is not my favorite Christmas activity. I never realized how much work was involved and how hard it would be with 3 little boys! I'm not so sure it will become a yearly tradition in our house!  Maybe next year, if we try, Kenney will be home to help.  I could not believe the incredible mess they made.  There were even blue specs of Playdough mixed throughout the cookie dough because I didn't catch Kyler getting it out until it was too late.  We'll just have to give those cookies to Santa!

We started out the morning by making Elf donuts.  Those were actually really fun and not too messy.  They had a lot of fun with those too!
Cheerios + Cocoa Powder/Powdered Sugar + Sprinkles = Elf Donuts!
I was amazed at the mess and how quickly it was made.
Flour was EVERYWHERE!!!  At one point he had a cookie cutter hanging from each arm.
The decorating was just as big of a mess thanks to the sprinkles, and the frosting made it sticky!
This smile... and that wallpaper... something needs to be done about both!
He was proud of his cookies!
According to Damon this is THE perfect candy cane.  He made sure to alternate the red and white stripes and everything.
One of Kyler's finished products.
The aftermath. Trust me, it's worse than it looks.
We could win contests with these cookies!
We even got a marbled look going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment