Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bentley Turns 3

Bentley has been impatiently waiting for her birthday. She has been so excited to turn 3 and have a party. I think all her dreams came true. She loved all the phone calls she received and the extra attention. She learned how to hold up 3 fingers to tell everyone how old she is now. She was also in denial that my birthday would be 2 days later. She refused to acknowledge that I had a birthday too. However, when I was making her cake she said I could have one of the layers, and then she said she could help me blow out my candles!

A big purple bag just for her!!
She was so excited cousins came to celebrate.
She wanted a princess cake for months.  It's been a topic of conversation since Damon's birthday.  I'm not sure who put the Frozen idea into her head, but that's what she got!
Lots of people there to celebrate (even Georgie came)!!
She got a little nervous during the loud singing and the Cha-cha-chas.
No help needed with her candles.
Or the presents!!
Lip Stick!!!!  And not just any lip stick, but Frozen lip stick!  She was super excited.  She had the best reaction when she opened Shandi's present.  She gasped and everything.  It was the best, but we didn't get a picture or video of it unfortunately.  This is a poor substitute, but she definitely showed her appreciation in her reactions.

The cake looked great until I put in the ice pieces.  It was my first time making hard candy, and I made it too thick.  It ended up being too heavy for the cake to hold up and it started to fall apart.  I had to keep my hand on the back during the singing, but Bentley didn't seem to mind.  She was still happy with it.

So happy her day was finally here and she got cake and presents!!!
Kyler being super sweet and playing with her and all the new toys she had just gotten.



The birthday singing gets a little loud when the cousins show up, but they are very enthusiastic about it!! 




I knew the instant I saw the Frozen lip stick it would be a hit!



This is her earlier in the day talking about presents and birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment