Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter 2020, Unlike Any Other

Going with the theme of 2020, Easter will be a holiday that would be unique! There was only one egg hunt, and I believe it was the first Easter Sunday any of us were not at church, at least in the traditional sense. We has a small family gathering at Kevin and Kerry's house on Saturday before Easter and did an egg hunt for the kids, with a semi-traditional dinner to follow. Sunday was a little different than our typical at home church because I made the kids get dressed up. I told them this Sunday was different than all the rest and we should treat it that way. Radley asked why he had to get dressed up, and I told him, "If Jesus died for you, surely you can dress nice for him." I didn't have anymore questions after that!! It was a quiet and nice day being together. I even got a nap! I know that hasn't happened on an Easter Sunday for a while!


A small family gathering still consists of 11 kids, haha!
Our bunch
All ready to go
I thought the egg hunting would be a piece of cake for this girl, but she got distracted early on by one open egg.
She walked right up to an egg that was open.  She found the candy and would not let it go!  She kept that piece in her hand forever and wouldn't pick up anymore eggs!  She just wanted the candy opened.
The one open egg in that entire circle.
She was a little confused about why we wanted her to pick up the eggs.
We had plenty of space to do a 'social distancing' egg hunt!!
Trying to find the $$ eggs/
These two are always glued to one another.
Kyler looking through his eggs.
He found $3!!  Bentley did too, but Radley didn't find any.  She walked up to him and gave him one of her dollars.  It was really sweet!
I told the kids I wanted one good picture for Easter.  I got what I wanted!!
Radley gave a really good talk about Jesus Christ being crucified.
Kyler wrote a talk about resurrection.  He did really well.  (Damon and Bentley did not cooperate and choose not to participate)
The kids got a package from my Aunt DeeAnne.  They were super excited!


These kids took off quick!! I was impressed how fast they got down the yard! 



Mackenzie finally started to get some momentum, but she was still pretty clueless. 



She was pretty cute to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment